You won’t believe the complexity of flavors here. Or maybe you will, because curry adds complexity to everything it touches. This sauce is sweet, a little sassy, with a whole lot in between. Paired with cream cheese, you can have it on a baguette in the morning, or on water crackers with your cocktail. It comes together in an unbelievable jiffy, so prepare it for a last minute visit from friends.
EXOTIC HONEY SAUCED CREAM CHEESE CRACKERS makes approx 1.5 cups
For the sauce
- 1/2 c wildflower or other mild honey
- 4 good shakes of the hot sauce bottle (more if you want it with more bite, but taste it first, as the curry does add some bite as well)
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 T lime juice
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 1 T curry powder
- 4-6 slices bacon, cut / crumbled
- cream cheese
- water crackers or toasted and sliced baguette
- thai basil leaves (Regular, genovese basil is fine too. Thai basil just has its own unique complex taste)
With kitchen shears, cut the bacon into pieces, cook until crisped, set aside. While the bacon is cooking, combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well. When the bacon has crisped up, stir into the sauce. Plate slices of baguette or crackers with cream cheese and some of the sauce. Top each with basil leaves. Delicious with a gin and tonic.